36 Upton St.

36 Upton St.
Before Trees

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blogger Award Special Post

My only follower, Perri at Lesser Apricots has graciously awarded me with a blogger award which I am thinking means I need to share with you readers (whoever you might be) 7 things about myself in my blog. (Correct me if I'm wrong Perri.)

1) I always match my socks and underwear to my outfit if I can, if I can't match then I go neutral light or dark.

2) When I'm excited and happy my childhood Connecticut Long Island sounding accent dominates my speech over the Boston accent aquired in my adult life.

3) I named my current cat Psyche because it means soul in Greek and she is the  closest to a soulmate relationship I've had in my life so far.

4) I have had many jobs but have never felt as comfortable and respected for myself and my contribution as I do in my current job at Seaport Academy.

5) I love being female and all the fun stuff that goes along with it, hair styling, make-up, jewelry, smelly stuff, clothes, clothes and more clothes...and shoes too!



6) I always have at least four to five books on my bedside table. The two tarot books have been a fixture and a daily practice for over a year now, in addition I have one fiction, one non-fiction, and sometimes an additional spiritual book.



7) I started this blog as a way to start writing about my experiences in the South End when I was a young woman because I have stories to tell just aching to come out, and I always have to have something to work on to stretch myself to learn how to do something new and grow my brain.

Thanks for reading this any of you who read Perri's blog. And thanks to my friends on Facebook who might be reading it too. I guess I am an official member of the blogger community now!

1 comment:

  1. Shawn, That's funny (and cool) about your matching socks, etc... of course, this is coming from someone who can barely match the basic pants and shirts! Cool list!

    ReplyDelete